Christmas is over for another year. It has once again flown past, and we are now planning for the New Year. Whooooo!
Thoughts of the New Year automatically made me focus on what 2018 will bring. So naturally my first port of call is looking at holidays – because I am struggling to shake this travel bug.
You will probably remember that a little while ago I had a Cornwall staycation. It was just what the doctor ordered and allowed me time to really focus on my surroundings whilst indulging in a social media detox. Pure bliss.
If that original post has got you thinking about making a little visit to Cornwall here were my favourite bits…
- Healey’s Cyder Farm. I didn’t actually take any pictures of the cyder here, although I did end up with a very lovey picture of a Peacock! This place is fun if your with the family or just pootling about on your own. You can take a tour of the orchids and see how their products are made – it really is a fun day out. Be sure to check out their Jams, Chutneys and Sauces. The Cranberry and Port Sauce is my all time FAVOURITE!
- Mevagissy. The ultimate historical fishing village. Its narrow streets make it wise to park up in one of the large car parks and making the short walk into town. You really shouldn’t miss out.
- Lost Gardens of Heligan. If you like a country walk, this is the place for you. I managed to get some beautiful pictures, so it also gets my vote for those of us inclined to take a few pictures. I even managed to photograph my favourite bird – the trusty Robin.
- Visit a Tin Mine. Any mine, you’ll have plenty to choose from. We made it our mission to find some derelict ones, to photograph their natural beauty. Remember to be responsible when out exploring though!
- Port Issac. Also known as the home of the much loved TV series Doc Martin! I loved this place, it is the perfect mix of quirky and quaint. It is pretty steep in parts though, so do be prepared for a climb.
So that is my Cornwall top tips – now I’m off to plan a holiday!